Now since I pimped the last few days of the season, most of my eligible players are middle of the roaders who just happened to have double headers on the final weekend of the season. However, I do still have Mark Teixeira. Which brings me to my question... Is he Keeper worthy?
I drafted him with the 24 overall pick last year and I thought it was a steal. He had a terrible year, but still outperformed almost everyone else taken in the 20s. The way I look at it this year, 1st basemen rank like this:
- Albert Pujols - Obviously
- Miguel Cabrera - So long as he lays off the bottle
- Mark Teixeira - 1st half or 2nd half?
- Adrian Gonzalez - New team in a friendly stadium
- Joey Votto - Can he repeat?
- Ryan Howard - Still waiting for the bat to leave his shoulders...
- Prince Fielder - if you haven't noticed, he's overweight.
- Kendry Morales - broke a leg.
- Paul Konerko - career year?
- Ike Davis, Billy Butler, Justin Morneau, etc
Give a man some feedback!